Remove Odor and Disinfect From Flood Damage | SanusAer Ozone Generators

When a building floods, the waters often bring unintended consequences, including bacteria. Additionally, the moist environment supports the growth of dangerous mold and mold spores. Making the property safe, while deodorizing the space, is now possible with SanusAer Ozone Generators.

Flood Remediation Using Ozone to Remove Odors, Mold, Mildew, and Dangerous Bacteria                   Flood remediation should include deodorizing and disinfecting the property by using SanusAer high output ozone generators
SanusAer High Output Ozone Generators Effectively Eliminate Odors and Remove Allergens from the Indoors

View SanusAer Products


When there is a flood, the growth of mold and mildew is inevitable. That's why it is important that the space be dried out completely, to keep the spores from colonizing and growing. Most people are sensitive to the mycotoxins (fungal toxins) these molds produce and to some, these allergens are toxic! If left unchecked, mold growth can create a significant disaster. SanusAer® high output ozone generators will kill the mold and eliminate its odors at the source.

Problem: Moisture promotes mold growth, and can lead to large areas of contamination. Sometimes the only evidence of mold growth is the odor and the health symptoms of the occupants, which can range from minor irritation to more complicated immune responses and even death. Utilizing standard cleaning chemicals and methods alone will not effectively eliminate the problem. A more broad based approach is required, especially due to the airborne spores.

Solution: Ozone is a very strong oxidant/disinfectant, and because it is a gas, can be effectively used to treat homes, offices, and buildings contaminated by mold. It has been used commercially for a number of years by remediation and restoration firms. The efficacy of ozone as opposed to other cleaning methods, relates to the fact that ozone is a gas, and can travel anywhere air currents take it, treating all the surfaces and the air in a given space.

Note: Ozone shock treatments will destroy mold and mildew, effectively killing the microorganisms responsible; however, there are two factors that must be considered: (1) Mold or mildew depends upon water / moisture to grow and proliferate. Identifying and eliminating the source of this moisture will ensure that the problem doesn't reoccur. (2) Some allergens will survive the destruction of the cell by ozone, so it is very important to physically clean / remove the dead mold when it is exposed / visible.

Whenever working around mold, before or after the shock treatment with ozone, personal protective equipment is always required.

Always read the SanusAer® manual before operating the unit, and reference the specific treatment recommendations provided. This unit can be dangerous if not used properly.


> Return to  Applications List

Satisfaction Guarantee

30 Days Money Back

5 Year Warranty