Hurricane Matthew - SanusAer to the Rescue!

By Brooks / Dan

October 18, 2016

Hurricane Matthew - SanusAer to the Rescue!

Flood • Odor Elimination & Disinfection

When homes flood, the waters often bring unintended consequences: bacteria, viruses, and especially mold.  With mold comes odors and longer lasting spores.  Making the property safe, while deodorizing the space, is now possible with SanusAer High Output Ozone Generators.  

When a hurricane brings high waters and flood homes, the growth of mold and mildew is inevitable. That's why it is important that the space be dried out completely, to keep the spores from colonizing and growing. Most people are sensitive to the mycotoxins (fungal toxins) these molds produce and to some, these allergens are toxic!  If left unchecked, mold growth can create a significant disaster.  SanusAer® high output ozone generators will kill the mold and eliminate its odors at the source.

Problem: Moisture promotes mold growth, and can lead to large areas of contamination. Sometimes the only evidence of mold growth is the musty odor and the health symptoms the occupants experience, which can range from minor irritation to more complicated immune responses and even death. Utilizing standard cleaning chemicals and methods alone will not effectively eliminate the problem. A more broad based approach is required, especially due to the airborne spores.      

Solution: Ozone is a very strong oxidant/disinfectant, and because it is a gas, can be effectively used to treat homes, offices, and buildings contaminated by mold. It has been used commercially for a number of years by remediation and restoration firms. The efficacy of ozone as opposed to other cleaning methods, relates to the fact that ozone is a gas, and can travel anywhere air currents take it, treating all the surfaces and the air in a given space.

 SanusAer high output ozone generators oxidize the biological pollutants Hurricane Matthew Left Behind

Note: Ozone shock treatments will destroy mold and mildew, effectively killing the microorganisms responsible; however, there are two factors that must be considered: (1) Mold or mildew depends upon water / moisture to grow and proliferate. Eliminating the moisture will ensure that the problem doesn't reoccur. (2) Some allergens will survive the destruction of the cell by ozone, so it is very important to physically clean / remove the dead mold when it is exposed / visible. 

Whenever working around mold, before or after the shock treatment with ozone, personal protective equipment is always required.  

 

« Back to Solutions

Satisfaction Guarantee

30 Days Money Back

5 Year Warranty